Cal Dream Act Application and Cal Grant Awards
- Did you submit your California (CA) DREAM Act Application AND your GPA Verification
on or before the March 2nd deadline?
- The application deadline for students using the CA DREAM Act Application was March 2
- For Cal Grant awards offered under the California DREAM Act, both a CA DREAM Act Application AND a certified GPA must be submitted to the California Student Aid Commission no later than March 2
- Did your parent(s) sign your CA DREAM Act Application?
- Your parent should have signed your CA DREAM Act Application using the issued four-digit electronic PIN to sign your application
- If you make corrections or changes to your CA DREAM Act Application, your parent(s) will need to re-sign using the electronic PIN every time you submit changes
- Did you fill out both the CA DREAM Act Application AND a FAFSA (Free Application for
Federal Student Aid)?
- You must call CSAC at 1-888-224-7268 to let them know that you submitted both applications as soon as possible
- Did you receive a confirmation email after filing your CA DREAM Act Application?
- Make sure to check your SPAM/Junk folders
- If you have more than one email address, check all of your email addresses
- Did you receive notification from CSAC that you were awarded the Cal Grant but California
State University, Fresno hasn’t confirmed your Cal Grant award?
- The first school you listed on your CA DREAM Act Application is the school that received notification of your Cal Grant eligibility
- If CSU Fresno wasn’t listed as your first school, you must submit a school change by logging into your Web Grants for Students account at www.webgrants4students.org
- Once you do this and received notification from CSAC, please notify the Fresno State Financial Aid Office.
- Are you a male between the ages of 18 – 25? If so, did you register with the Selective
Service System (SSS)?
- You are required to register with the Selective Service to receive state and federal aid
- If you have not registered
- Register by completing and mailing the paper registration form or register on line at the Selective Service website at www.sss.gov. Please do this immediately because the financial Aid office will not award you without this notification.
- The Selective Service does not share your immigration status
- How do you check your Cal Grant or CA DREAM Act information and status?
- Go to Web Grants for Students at www.webgrants4students.org and set up an account
- You can use your Web Grants for Students account to view and manage your Cal Grant and CA DREAM Act information
- Eligibility and qualification for the Cal Grant is not automatic
- You must meet both financial aid eligibility as well as GPA eligibility requirements
- CSAC will process your application and determine your eligibility
Constantly check your student center. Your “To do list” will alert you of any documentation require by the Financial Aid Office. Please summit required documentation ASAP.