President's Commission on Human Relations and Equity (PCHRE)
Develop a comprehensive three-to five-year Diversity Plan with measurable outcomes and visible results. The development of the Diversity Plan shall include the following elements:
- Affirm the President’s Diversity Statement, and align the Diversity Plan with the University Strategic Plan.
- Create a Diversity Plan that is dynamic and reflects the rich and diverse experiences, values, world views and cultures that make up humanity. The diversity plan shall include specific goals, timelines, strategies, assessments, accountability and budget estimates.
- Review and discuss other institutions’ Diversity Plans, planning processes, and best practices.
- Compile and analyze campus demographic data and historical trends for the recruitment, retention and professional development of faculty, staff, students and administrators, as well as data regarding components of diversity. The components of diversity may include but are not limited to support for an inclusive campus climate and breadth of intellectual research and curriculum.
- Discuss the research, theory and writing on diversity issues in higher education.
- Create a campus diversity progress tracking system (i.e., Diversity Scorecard).
- Develop a campus-wide implementation plan that includes activities, education, communication, feedback, and ongoing involvement. This plan shall include a timeline for milestone achievements.
- Secure campus-wide affirmation for the Diversity Plan, monitor its implementation, and begin progress reporting.
Following development and implementation of the Diversity Plan, the PCHRE shall be responsible on an annual basis to:
- Submit an annual Diversity Report to the President, university community, accrediting bodies and other relevant groups.
- Continue to study and review diversity programs developed at other universities on an on-going basis, and recommend actions to be considered by the President or governing bodies of the university.