A student who has been classified as a nonresident may seek reclassification for any subsequent term. The student must complete the CSU Residency Reclassification Request Form and submit the forms to the Admissions Office, Joyal Administration Building, or mail them to Fresno State
5150 N Maple Ave M/S JA 57
Fresno, CA 93740.
Residency reclassification requests take approximately three to four weeks for processing. In addition to the Residency Reclassification Request Form, students must also submit copies of the following supporting documentation:
- Most current state driver's license or ID card.
- Most current state voter registration.
- Most current state vehicle registration for cars owned or operated in California.
- Most current state and federal tax returns, with W-2s for last tax year.
- Proof of bank accounts with a branch located within California and date opened.
- Last three years federal income tax returns for parents (only page 1 of Form 1040 needed for each year).
Students may be asked to provide other documentation to clarify or verify their application for reclassification. Failure to provide these documents, or Residency Reclassification Forms submitted with incomplete information, will significantly delay the reclassification process, and may result in a denial of reclassification.
Students denied for reclassification will be notified by letter and have the right to appeal to the California State University Chancellor's Office. Details will be provided in the letter of denial.
Students approved for reclassification are advised that approval may affect financial aid disbursement or awards and may result in the need for repayment of funds already received. Contact the Financial Aid Office at 559.278.2182 for specific details.