Your grade point average is calculated on all a-g courses completed after your 9th grade. When filling out your admission application, your GPA should include your a-g courses taken the summer after 9th grade through the end of your 11th grade.
Honors, AP, College, or IB Classes
- In your calculation, add an extra point to any approved honors, AP, college or IB grades used to satisfy A-G requirements in which you received a grade of C or better. For example, a B in AP Government would have a point value of 4 instead of 3.
- Up to 8 semesters can be awarded extra points in your GPA calculation.
- Up to two approved honors courses taken in the 10th grade can be given extra points.
- No extra points are added to grades of D or lower.
- In order to be an "approved honors level course," that high school course must be identified as honors level on your official high school "a-g" course list. You can find your school's course list at www.ucop.edu/doorways/.