First Step: Preparing to Apply
Students are encouraged to start planning as early as the 7th grade by signing up for a CSU Mentor account and creating a High School Planner. Save your username and password. The information you put on the planner will transfer to your application.
High school seniors should sign up for the SAT at www.collegeboard.org or ACT at www.actstudent.org. In order for Fresno State to obtain your scores by the January 15, 2015 deadline, students should take their test(s) no later than December 2014.
Items needed to complete your CSU Mentor application:
- High school transcript
- SAT/ACT test scores or the date when you plan to take them
- EAP scores (located on your STAR test results)
- Your social security number (may be left blank if you do not have one)
- Immigration I-551 (Green Card) if applicable
- Parents' income & size of family if applying for a fee waiver
- Parents' California residency information (month, day and year California residency began) if still 18 or younger by 9/20/14
- Debit/credit card if paying the $55 application fee online.
Things to keep in mind when applying:
- Include only college prep classes. Include senior college prep classes by choosing "In Progress or Planned"
- When indicating "In Progress or Planned", make sure they are entered for fall and spring and not for summer.
- If you repeated a class, put in the best grade only.