Native American Initiative
The Native American Initiative has been established to increase the number of Native American students enrolling and graduating at Fresno State. The following are essential components of the initiative:
- Reach out to Native American students through partnerships and collaborations with Rancherias, school districts, and tribal agencies serving Native American students.
- Develop and maintain support networks within the university and the Native American community.
- Create a place that fosters a welcoming and supportive environment where students feel they have a home away from home. It is a place for studying, programming, faculty, staff, student meetings, social engagement, and student community building.
- Promote and support events that bring Native American students and community to the campus.
- Provide student academic monitoring and advisement that includes an “early warning” system.
- Connect students with mentors (faculty, staff, and alumni)