AB 540 Checklists
To qualify, all of the following requirements must be met.
AB 540 Requirements Checklist
- Attend a high school in California for three or more years
- Graduated from a CA high school or attained the equivalent of a high school diploma, (Passed the GED or CA High School Proficiency Exam).
- Register or currently enrolled at an accredited institution of higher education in California
- File an affidavit with California State University, Fresno stating that he or she has applied to legalize
his or her legal status or will do so as soon as he or she is eligible to do so (Affidavit
is the bottom portion of the California Nonresident Tuition Exemption form.
Mail form to:
California State University, Fresno
5150 North Maple Avenue M/S JA57
Fresno, CA 93740-8026
- Not be a non-immigrant holding a valid lettered non-immigrant visa (for example, those who hold F (student) visas, B (visitor) visas, J (exchange visitor) visas
Fresno State Admissions Requirements Checklists for AB 540 Students
- Apply to Fresno State using www.csumentor.edu before the application deadline.
- Complete the California Nonresident Tuition Exemption form and be sure to sign the affidavit portion at the bottom. For directions on how to fill out the form, click here.
- Attach a high school transcript with your CA Nonresident Tuition Exemption form and submit to the Fresno State Admissions Office.
- Pay $55.00 application fee
*By law, all information you submit to Fresno State will be kept confidential.