The Learning Center employs over 80 students each semester to be front desk staff, tutors, and Supplemental Instruction Leaders. We are dedicated to providing students with meaningful opportunities that will help them grow personally and professionally.
Current Job Openings | Spring 2014
- 1 CDDS Tutor
Supplemental Instruction Leader Positions
- 1 Biology 65 Supplemental Instruction Leader with Choolajian
- 1 Biology 10 Supplemental Instruction Leader with Julie Constable Whitney Menefee or Nalong Mekadara
Student Assistant Job Opportunities
Our front desk at the Learning Center is run entirely by people like you – students! Learn professional office skills while working in an environment that promotes learning.
Tutor Job Opportunities
Are you interested in joining our professionally trained tutorial staff? The Learning Center hires tutors on an hourly, as-needed basis.
To be considered for employment, all Learning Center tutors must meet the following requirements:
- Currently enrolled as a student as Fresno State
- Hold a sophomore standing (have completed at least 30 units)
- Have a cumulative G.P.A. of 3.0
- Minimum units enrolled: Graduate – 4 units; Undergraduate – 6 units
- One faculty recommendation letter for each subject area
- Unofficial copy of most recent transcript
- Copy of current schedule
Interested applicants may come to the Learning Center and pick up an application at the front desk or print it below. All forms must be completed before being considered for employment.
SI Leader Opportunities
SI is an academic support program that utilizes peer assisted study group sessions. SI Leaders facilitate group study sessions for selected Fresno State courses. SI leader functions as a “model student” by going to all the classes and taking notes. They help students formulate and answer their own questions, by using collaborative and group study strategies. To apply for the SI leader position, complete and submit the Learning Center application:
Learning Center application (click the image):
Typical semester as a Learning Center tutor (click the image):
Typical semester as a Learning Center SI Leader
(click the image):
The information on this website is available in alternate formats. Please call our office at (559) 278-3052 to make your request.ASSET "Student Affairs - Learning Center - Alternative Format" CANNOT BE SHOWN IN WYSIWYG