The Wellness Ambassador program is designed to increase students' competitiveness in the job market by providing hands-on experience in health promotion and wellness programs for Fresno State students.
Under the supervision of the Coordinator of Health Promotion & Wellness Services, Wellness Ambassadors function as peer educators responsible for:
- Planning, publicizing, and implementing campus events
- Collaborating and building partnerships with other clubs, groups, and departments
- Attending weekly meetings and working as a team member
Events planned and/or implemented by the Wellness Ambassadors include, but are not limited to:
- National Collegiate Alcohol Awareness Week
- Spring break safety
- AIDS awareness
- Great American Smokeout
- Depression and anxiety screening days
- Fall & Spring Wellness Fairs
- And other activities
Students who are selected to volunteer for the Wellness Ambassador program must possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Must be a Fresno State student
- Creative thinker, motivated, and have strong leadership and communication skills
- Reliable and able to work in groups
- Available approximately 3-5 hours a week during the semester. Hours may increase during busier event planning times.
Recruitment for Wellness Ambassador occurs each semester.
For more information, contact the Wellness Ambassador Student Coordinator Chelsey Crumrine.