Peer Health Educators
The Peer Health Educator program is part of the Family PACT program here at the Student Health Center. Under the supervision of the Coordinator of Health Promotion & Wellness Services, trained Peer Health Educators implement one-on-one information sessions on birth control, sexually transmitted diseases and other information necessary to help their fellow Fresno State students make informed family planning decisions.
Students who are selected to volunteer for the Peer Health Educator program must possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Must be a Fresno State student
- Must demonstrate the ability to work with individuals and groups in a leadership capacity
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to impart information in a non-biased manner
- Must be available to attend a week long training in August
- Must be able to commit to approximately 5-10 hours per week
Recruitment for Peer Health Educators occurs in the spring semester for the following two semesters.