The Student Health and Counseling Center wants YOUR help to build a healthier Fresno State. To learn more about opportunities to get involved and how to apply, click the links below.
For more information on volunteer opportunities, contact Melissa Norris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Peer Ambassadors of Wellness
The Peer Ambassadors of Wellness (PAW) program is responsible for promoting the health and wellness of our Fresno State students.
- Develop and implement activities and presentations focused on a variety of topics, including: stress, anxiety, depression, nutrition, physical activity, alcohol, tobacco and other drugs, food security and basic needs.
- Serve as mentors to individuals with mild to moderate depression and/or anxiety through the Work it Out! program.
- Make a one-year commitment serving an average of 5 hours weekly throughout the Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 semesters.
- Attend mandatory weekly meetings (1 hour) every Monday at 12:00 p.m.
All volunteers must maintain a 2.0 minimum semester GPA throughout the application process and throughout the 2020-21 academic year.
The application deadline for the 2020-21 academic year has closed. Check back in February of 2021 for our next round of recruitment. In the meantime, follow us on social media @FSHealthCenter.
Student Health Advisory Committee
The Student Health Advisory Committee (SHAC) is responsible for representing student voice in issues related to health and wellness.
- Provide recommendations to administration regarding the operations and services of the Student Health and Counseling Center (including Counseling, Medical and Wellness Services)
- Assess campus climate and represent student voice on issues related to health and wellness
- Serve alongside university staff, faculty and administration
- Make a one-year commitment serving 3-5 hours monthly
- Attend monthly meetings and support special project initiatives
All volunteers must maintain a 2.0 minimum semester GPA throughout the application process and 2020-21 academic year. Previous leadership or advocacy experience is preferred.
The application deadline has been extended to Sunday, May 17 and can be completed online by clicking here.