- A safe place to understand your thoughts, feelings, experiences and concerns
- An opportunity to talk confidentially about what is important to you
- A way to increase self-understanding
- A chance to get constructive feedback and develop new ways of coping with challenges
Get the most out of counseling
If you feel uneasy about talking with a counselor, let your counselor know. This can help build ease and honesty between you and your counselor.
Keep in mind that your progress depends on your sincere commitment to the counseling process.
To enhance your counseling experience
- Attend all of your appointments or let your counselor know if you have to miss one.
- Between appointments, be mindful of the issues you are working on.
- Write down feelings, thoughts and insights about to your issues and share them with your counselor.
- Complete homework assignments, if given.
- Be open to new ways of thinking and approaching challenges.
- Give your counselor feedback.
Stop by during walk-in hours or call 559.278.6738 to schedule an appointment.