Good Samaritan Grant
A resource for students experiencing unanticipated financial roadblocks that can impact degree completion and well-being.
The Good Samaritan Grant was established through generous contributions from the community and private donors. The grant is not a loan and does not need to be repaid.
In the past, we have assisted students who were victims of apartment fires, thefts and various other unexpected loss of income where short term help was needed for basic items, including food. Thanks to the Good Samaritan Grant, we now have an important resource to help students who have nowhere else to turn in times of extraordinary need.
- Currently enrolled at Fresno State and making Satisfactory Academic Progress toward a degree as determined by Financial Aid
- Adhering to University Code of Conduct
- Demonstrate current financial need with supporting documentation
- Provide a detailed itemized list of how funds will be utilized
- Have exhausted all sources of financial assistance and aid, including Subsidized and Un-Subsidized loans
- Complete the application here.
- Students who apply for Good Samaritan Grant will be referred to the Money Management Center
- Medical expenses
- Tuition and books
In the case of requests for replacement of stolen items, the committee will determine reasonable replacement value for the items.
Once the application is submitted, you will be contacted by the Project HOPE Graduate Assistant to discuss any modifications to be made to the application. Once application is complete, it will be forwarded to the Good Samaritan Grant decision committee. If funds are awarded, students will receive the funds in about two weeks via their chosen financial aid disbursement method.
559.278.6723 or 559.278.6736