Good Samaritan Fund
The Good Samaritan Fund was created to assist Fresno State students who encounter an unforeseen financial emergency or catastrophic event which would otherwise prevent them from continuing their education at Fresno State. These funds are not intended to be used for routine expenses or as a consistent supplement to a student’s education funding sources. Requests must be urgent in nature.
In the past, we have assisted students who were victims of apartment fires, thefts and various other unexpected loss of income where short term help was needed for basic items, including food. Thanks to the Good Samaritan Fund, we now have an important resource to help students who have nowhere else to turn in times of extraordinary need.
Consideration will only be given to applicants that have experienced an unforeseen financial emergency and/or catastrophic event.
To be eligible for consideration a student must:
- Be currently enrolled at Fresno State with the emergency occurring within the academic year of their application
- Be able to demonstrate his/her current financial need with supporting documentation (i.e.: police/fire report, recommendation from instructor/campus advocate, etc.)
Typical awards range up to $1,500 per student. Students may not receive more than one award in an academic year unless there are extenuating circumstances.
- Student completes the Good Samaritan Fund Application and return to Industrial Technology, room 144, or email to email@example.com.
- Coordinator reviews application and submits to committee for review and decide.
- Coordinator notifies student of committee’s decision.
Requests will be reviewed and responded to within 5 business days from the date the application is received by the Coordinator.
For questions regarding the Good Samaritan Fund, please contact Jessica Medina at firstname.lastname@example.org or 559.278.0866.