Did you know that the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office awarded over $250 million to 80% of our students in 2018-2019?
The Financial Aid and Scholarships Office here at Fresno State is happy to help you navigate the financial aspects of your college career! Help us help you by checking your Fresno State e-mail and student portal regularly - it's primarily how we will get in touch with you regarding your financial aid. To stay in the know on the latest financial aid topics, like and follow our Facebook page below!
2020-2021 Financial Aid Applications will be available October 1, 2019!
- The 2020-2021 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- The 2020-2021 California Dream Act Application
- The Fresno State General Scholarship Application
Applications open up for the 2020-2021 academic year (Fall 2020, Spring 2021, and Summer 2021) on October 1, 2019!
To be considered for certain awards (especially State Aid) your FAFSA or California Dream Act Application will need to be completed BEFORE March 2, 2020.Click here to see State Aid opportunities and eligibility criteria.
Join us for one of our many workshops to get your FAFSA or California Dream Act Application completed with the help of a financial aid staff member near by!
The Fresno State General Scholarship Application opens on October 1, 2019 and also has a priority date of March 2, 2020. It houses over 750 scholarship opportunities in ONE application and has opportunities for both 2019-2020 and 2020-2021!
Fresno State General Scholarship: Lots of opportunities for both 2019-2020 and 2020-2021
- The Fresno State Scholarship Application offers hundreds of scholarships through one site.
- The application opens on October 1, 2019
- Complete the application as soon as possible for scholarship opportunities for both 2019-2020 and 2020-2021. The priority deadline is Mach 2, 2020.
Did you already complete the application for 2019-2020? If so, you will need to do it again to be considered going forward.
2020-2021 Financial Aid Application Workshops
We're inviting you and your parent(s) to join us for workshops where you can complete your financial aid application (the FAFSA or California Dream Act Application)!
Financial aid staff will be there to help you, should you need it!
Computers will be available for you to use on a first come, first serve basis, but please feel free to bring your own laptop!
Dates, Times, Locations:
- October 1, 2019 • 5:30PM-7:30PM • ED157
- October 16, 2019 • 5:30PM-7:30PM • ED165
- October 26, 2019 • 9:00AM-12:00PM • PB31
- November 16, 2019 • 9:00AM-12:00PM • PB31
- December 11, 2019 • 5:00PM-7:30PM • LIB2127
- February 11, 2020 • Time and Location TBD
- February 27, 2020 • Time and Location TBD
This will be updated as locations are secured, but follow us on Facebook or Twitter (@FSfinancialaid) for the most current info!
What you'll need:
- Your FSA ID (Not sure? Go to FSAID.ed.gov to get it)
- Your social security number
- 2018 Federal tax information, W-2s, and other records of money earned
- 2018 untaxed income information
- Current bank statements and records of investments (if applicable)
If you are a dependent student (meaning your parents' information must be reported as well) you will also need most of the above information for your parent(s).
It is not too late to complete your 2019-2020 FAFSA!
- The 2019-2020 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- The 2019-2020 California Dream Act Application
- The Fresno State Scholarship Application
Even though the priority deadline has passed, we still encourage you to complete the appropriate application to be considered for financial aid for Fall 2019, Spring 2020, and Summer 2020 semesters!
I did my financial aid application, now what?
Awesome, nice work!
For 2019-2020: It can take a couple of days for us to receive your financial aid application, but you will want to keep an eye on your account in case any To Do items are needed! You'll want to submit them ASAP so that we can continue processing!
For 2020-2021: We will begin loading your financial aid applications into our system towards the beginning of 2020. At that point, you may be notified that documents are needed or that you have been awarded financial aid -- Continue to check back for more concrete details!
Important Dates and Deadlines for Spring 2020
The Spring 2020 semester is right around the corner! Here are some important dates and deadlines to be aware of!
- December 4, 2019: This is the first fee payment deadline. Please make sure your bill is paid with Student
Accounts to avoid being dropped from courses.
- Fee Deferment requests will be accepted beginning December 2, 2019 by phone or in person. Emailed requests will not be considered.
- February 10, 2020: This is the final fee payment deadline. Please make sure your bill is paid with Student
Accounts to avoid being dropped from classes.
- Fee Deferment requests will be accepted beginning February 5, 2020 by phone or in person. Emailed requests will not be considered.
- February 14, 2020: This is the financial aid census - your financial aid will be finalized based on your enrollment as of this date.
For more information on how your financial aid may be adjusted or prorated based on enrollment
You can pay your bill on your my.FresnoState account or contact Student Accounts. Their phone number is 559.278.2876 and they are located in the South Lobby of the Joyal Administration Building.
Understanding my financial aid awards
Financial Aid awards can be made up of any combination of Grants, Scholarships, Loans, and/or Work Study to see the breakdown.
Normally awards are broken down between the fall and spring semester, but there are instances when they can be for a single semester only. Summer is awarded separately. Log in to your Student Center and click "View Financial Aid" to see how your awards are broken down.
How do I get my financial aid?
Your financial aid is disbursed no earlier than 10 days prior to the start of classes. Depending on the awards, it will first pay what you owe the university for the semester, and if there is a remaining balance, a refund will be issued to you. Make sure to get your Bank Mobile Refund Selection set up from your my.FresnoState account if you're expecting a refund!
Disbursements are happening twice a week on Wednesday and Friday during the first half of the semester and then will happen at the end of each week for the last half of the semester.
For more information on refunds, contact Student Accounts or call 559-278-2876.
Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP); What is it and why should I care?
If you aren't doing well in school, or you've taken more credits than are needed to graduate, you could lose financial aid eligibility. Click to see what you need to do to remain eligible!
Should you find that you are not meeting the SAP criteria, you will be given a "warning" for the upcoming semester. This will give you the opportunity to get back in good standing with the SAP Policy. If you don't meet the SAP requirements after this warning semester, you'll be ineligible for federal aid. An appeal process is available should this occur! Please contact our office for more information or see our SAP policy!
Fresno State Quick Contacts
Accounting and Cashier's Services
Contact Accounting and Cashier's Services at (559)278-2876
Registration and Records
Contact the Office of the Registrar at (559)278-4743
Contact Admissions at (559)278-2261
Contact Academic Advising at (559)278-1787.