Thank you for your interest in the Educational Opportunity Center. There is NO CHARGE for services! All services are FREE. Below you will find the eligibility criteria* for program services**:
- Age - You are 18 years of age or older.
- Residency - You are a citizen or national of the US; a permanent resident; or are in the US for other than a temporary purpose and can provide evidence from ICE.
- Live within our Target Area - Fresno, Madera and Tulare Counties.
- Desire Higher Education - You want to attend a school or college beyond high school or equivalency program.
- Meet one or both of the Following - You are from a low income family or neither of your parents graduated or received a degree from a four-year college.
*Eligibility Criteria is based on the Higher Education Act of 1965 and 34 CFR part 644 (§644.3) regulations.
** Resources may still be available if these guidelines are not met.
Federal TRIO Programs Annual Low Income Levels (Effective January 15, 2020)
|Size of Family Unit||Contiguous 48 States, the District of Columbia and Outlying Jurisdictions||Alaska||Hawaii|
For family units with more than eight members, add the following amount for each additional family member: $6,720 for the 48 contiguous states, the District of Columbia and outlying jurisdictions; $8,400 for Alaska; and $7,725 for Hawaii.
The term "low-income individual" means an individual whose family's taxable income for the preceding year did not exceed 150 percent of the poverty level amount.
Central California Educational Opportunity Center (Our office is located across from
550 E. Shaw Ave., Suite 240-13 Fresno Fashion Fair next to
Fresno, CA 93710 Bank of America)
There is no charge for services, you only need to have a desire to pursue a post-secondary education. For more information or to answer questions, please contact our office at (559) 278-2280.