Fall 2012/Spring 2013
Admissions and Records
- Successfully implemented the inaugural Early Start Program
- Tested and implemented E-transcript
- Finalized contract to begin conversion of 446 microfilm reels of academic records
Educational Talent Search
- 74 students incoming freshmen declared Fresno State as their college of choice
- 97% of college ready students were accepted into a post-secondary program
- 93% of college ready seniors completed the FAFSA
- Restructured telephone system to provide more options to students
- Implemented a new satisfactory academic progress policy
- Restructured office to improve service delivery
- Processed 4,233 scholarship applications
- Processed $1,680,737 in external scholarship checks
- Awarded $3,614,453 in institutional scholarships
University Outreach Services
- Students considering attending Fresno State through Naviance increased by 165
- On-line Hobson’s program generated 33,051hits compared to 2,832 for last year
- Completed the final year of the ATT grant and 86% of the students went on to higher education.
Upward Bound Programs
- Graduated 100% (30) of high school seniors
- Fourteen of the graduating seniors enrolled at Fresno State
- Identified and recruited 153 participants for 2012-13.
International Student Services and Programs
- Increased enrollment from 360 in spring 2012 to 405 in spring 2013
- Increased international applications by 28% and admitted students by 43% for fall 2013
- Increased activity and visibility in international programming
- 9,185 unduplicated users accessed the HireTopDogs (formerly BulldogLink) system
- 1,122 unduplicated users created new accounts in the OptimalResume system
- Partnered with Title V/CLASE to secure a career assessment tool (strong Interest Inventory)
Center for Women and Culture: Central Valley Cultural Heritage Institute
- Collaborated with University Courtyard to hold Welcome Back mixers for various student, faculty and staff
- NCBI conducted eight workshops for 431 participants
- Planned and implemented activities for Diversity Awareness Week, and the annual Diversity Conference
Center for Women and Culture: Women’s Resource Center
- Sponsored Welcome Back mixers for LGBT+ students
- Provided presentation on “Healthy Relationships and Violence Prevention” to 332 participants
- Continued to provide breast cancer awareness information to students
Rec Sports and Fitness
- Averaged 992 daily users (11,820 students or 52% of the student body)
- Successfully negotiated a MOU with ASI to provide budgetary support for intramurals
- Expanded group fitness classes to a total offering of over 40 hours per week
Services for Students with Disabilities
- Developed a peer mentor support group for students with autism.
- Transitioned to full on-line processing for requesting accessible testing services
- Continue to provide leadership for the Alternative Technology Initiative
- Launched Fresno State Talks program highlighting faculty addressing discovery, diversity, and distinction
- Members of the Greek Life program received national honors from the North American Interfraternity Conference
- USU Productions sponsored 35 students who completed 1,156 hours of service during Alternative Spring Break
Student Success Services
- Implemented on-line advising chats and held 284 sessions
- Averaged 590 student contacts per month
- Provided second-semester freshmen advising workshops for 969 students
College Assistance Migrant Program
- Hosted 1569 students at college preparation conferences
- 97% of participants completed English remediation
- Staff and students completed 9,279 hours of community service
Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) and Renaissance Scholars Program (RSP)
- 869 students attended EOP Academic advising sessions
- Hosted 2nd annual CSU EOP student leadership conference
- RSP was featured in the California College Pathways report as a success program for having the second highest persistence rate in the report.
- Implemented Grades First program.
- Supplemental Instruction was linked with 25 courses and served over 1,800 unique students
- Freshman tutoring visits increased 13% over last year
Student Support Services
- Implemented several retention activities including requiring academic counseling, mandatory meetings with a peer mentor, and providing information regarding other campus resources.
- Freshmen are required to take University 8 and/or English R/S courses.
- Secured an award from the Parents Association which allowed the purchase of iPads and iTunes cards.
- The Testing Office proctored over 7,500 exams
- The Academic Test Center administered 45,000 tests (40% growth)
- Expanded the seating capacity in the Academic Test Center to a capacity of 160.
University Migrant Services
- Established a Deferred Action Help Center that helped over 300 Fresno State AB540 students apply for employment authorization.
- Hosted a college application assistance seminar for AB 540 students
- Conducted training sessions and webinars on the California Dream Act for high school students.
University Health and Psychological Services
- Partnered with the School of Nursing to hold four flu clinics that resulted in immunizing 1,700 faculty/staff/students.
- Launched the Drug and Alcohol Awareness and Wellness Guide (DAAWG) and e-Check up to go to increase alcohol education.
- Through the CalMHSA Suicide Prevention Grant educated 2,500 students/faculty/staff on suicide prevention.