Preferred Name Change

Students may have their first name changed to a preferred name, different from their legal name, in the University's student records system. Students can update this themselves in their student portal which will then update Blackboard.

A student's preferred first and middle name will be reflected on the following:

Class & Grade Rosters (if the change is made after a semester has started, please notify faculty of the change)

For additional information and instructions, please visit the Student Records page here

Students needing a new Bulldog ID to reflect their name change can get receive one at no cost in the Bulldog Card office free of charge.


Please feel free to contact Gender programs and services at with any questions or concerns.