The Q Clothing Closet
The Q Clothing Closet exists to provide FREE clothing to trans, gender-nonconforming folks, and anyone else who might need it. The clothing closet opens during scheduled pop-up shops that are announced on our web page. Stop by one of our scheduled pop-up shops to get free clothing, shoes, accessories, and makeup! All pop-up shops will be held in the Cross Cultural and Gender Center (Thomas 110).
Want to donate to our Closet? Drop off your clothing during our scheduled donation drive listed below.
Our next donation drive is February 14-16, 2018, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Clothing can be dropped off at the Thomas building, room 110.
Our first pop-up shop will be February 26th, 2018 from 2:00 P.M.- 4:00 P.M. in Thomas Building 110.
We will not be accepting the following:
- Dirty items. All donated items must be washed.
- Clothing with rips, stains, tears, or holes
- VERY casual t-shirts (i.e, camp or school t-shirts, shirts with business promotions, etc.)
- Used underwear or socks
- Clothing that isn’t “current” or in nice condition- this is intended to provide fashionable clothing to those who need to build a wardrobe. Please only donate what you would wear.
Donations of the following are welcomed:
- One pieces (dresses, rompers, jumpsuits, etc), larger sizes needed
- Feminine tops (blouses, nice t-shirts, button ups, etc.) larger sizes needed
- Women’s size bottoms (slacks, jeans, skirts, shorts, etc.) larger sizes needed
- Masculine tops (button ups, polos, nice t-shirts, etc.) smaller sizes needed
- Men’s size bottoms (jeans, slacks, shorts, etc.) smaller sizes needed
- Men’s shoes smaller sizes needed
- Women’s shoes larger sizes needed
- Unopened makeup
- UNUSED underwear and socks
- Accessories (ties, jewelry, hats, scarves, belts, etc.)
All rejected donations will be donated to several local organizations via the Career Development Center.
Founded in 2018 by Fresno State’s LGBTQ+ Programs and Services of the Cross Cultural and Gender Center in partnership with the Career Development Center, the Q Clothing Closet exists to provide free clothing, shoes, and accessories primarily for transgender and gender nonconforming students. However, the Q Clothing Closet also serves anyone who might need safe and easy access to free clothing. We acknowledge the hardship that transgender and gender-nonconforming individuals experience when shopping for clothing, so we strive to create a safe and welcoming environment for all people browsing the Q Clothing Closet. Our mission is to promote awareness of clothing insecurity at Fresno State, with a specific focus on trans and nonbinary folks on campus.