The Q Clothing Closet
The Q Clothing Closet exists to provide FREE clothing to trans, gender-nonconforming folks, and anyone else who might need it. The clothing closet opens during scheduled pop-up shops that are announced on our web page. Stop by one of our scheduled pop-up shops to get free clothing, shoes, accessories, and makeup! All pop-up shops will be held in the Cross Cultural and Gender Center (Thomas 110).
Want to donate to our Closet? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make a drop-off appointment.
Founded in 2018 by Fresno State’s LGBTQ+ Programs and Services of the Cross Cultural and Gender Center in partnership with the Career Development Center, the Q Clothing Closet exists to provide free clothing, shoes, and accessories primarily for transgender and gender nonconforming students. However, the Q Clothing Closet also serves anyone who might need safe and easy access to free clothing. We acknowledge the hardship that transgender and gender-nonconforming individuals experience when shopping for clothing, so we strive to create a safe and welcoming environment for all people browsing the Q Clothing Closet. Our mission is to promote awareness of clothing insecurity at Fresno State, with a specific focus on trans and nonbinary folks on campus.
Spring 2019 Pop-up Schedule:
Monday, February 11, 2019 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Tuesday, March 20, 2019 from 1 to 3 p.m.
Wednesday, April 29, 2019 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
We will not be accepting the following:
- Dirty items. All donated items must be washed.
- Clothing with rips, stains, tears, or holes
- VERY casual t-shirts (i.e, camp or school t-shirts, shirts with business promotions, etc.)
- Used underwear or socks
- Clothing that isn’t “current” or in nice condition- this is intended to provide fashionable clothing to those who need to build a wardrobe. Please only donate what you would wear.
Donations of the following are welcomed:
- One pieces (dresses, rompers, jumpsuits, etc), larger sizes needed
- Feminine tops (blouses, nice t-shirts, button ups, etc.) larger sizes needed
- Women’s size bottoms (slacks, jeans, skirts, shorts, etc.) larger sizes needed
- Masculine tops (button ups, polos, nice t-shirts, etc.) smaller sizes needed
- Men’s size bottoms (jeans, slacks, shorts, etc.) smaller sizes needed
- Men’s shoes smaller sizes needed
- Women’s shoes larger sizes needed
- Unopened makeup
- UNUSED underwear and socks
- Accessories (ties, jewelry, hats, scarves, belts, etc.)
All rejected donations will be donated to several local organizations via the Career Development Center.
Spring 2018 Wrap-Up Report: