The Career Development Center is part of the Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management (DOSAEM) at Fresno State. For more information please see:
- DOSAEM Mission Statement
- DOSAEM Organization Chart
- DOSAEM Strategic Plan
- DOSAEM Professional Competencies
- DOSAEM Annual Report 2015-16
**Note: this document is large and may take a few minutes to download
The Career Development Center, a department within the Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management, supports the mission of the University by enhancing student career success through increased self-knowledge, career literacy, job-search preparation and expanded opportunities to connect with employers.
The Career Development Center makes the transition from campus to career easy for our constituents and powers our employer workforces. We focus on the following characteristics/strategies to achieve this vision as a premier center at an engaged university:
- Comprehensive: offer comprehensive services that support student career decision making and development throughout the college experience while continuing to provide services to alumni.
- Educationally-focused: inform our campus about career issues, opportunities, career competencies and job market trends and inform our community of employers about trends in the college marketplace.
- Convenient and Technologically Advanced: provide easily accessible services, convenient hours of operation, and flexible service delivery (constituents can access the office and its services 24/7, through sophisticated, interactive Web services).
- Interconnected with Constituents: develop strong employer services and outreach initiatives by facilitating convenient, friendly and productive campus visits that enhance employer relations with campus constituents; promoting engaged partnerships with faculty, staff and student leaders; and providing greater opportunities for company visibility and participation in the educational process.
- Assessment Driven/Outcomes Oriented: assess programs and make available key information for campus and community constituents on career development activity and career outcomes.
- Competently and Effectively Staffed: demonstrate interest in maximizing the expertise and potential of human resources, investing resources in improving staff knowledge and utilization.
- Inclusive: utilize a proactive approach in cultivating an environment which respects and supports diversity; mindful of providing services which address the unique needs and special interests of various populations.