|Campus Advisors||Advising Responsibilities|
|Academic Counselors at the University Advising Center||
- Major advising is handled through the major department (locations vary).
- Major advisors review the student's Degree Progress Report (DPR) and discuss advisor approved electives or any major substitutions.
- All substitutions or changes in a student's major plan are made by the major advisor.
- Major advisors then create a memo explaining all substitutions.
- Official memos from the major department need to be sealed and sent to the Evaluations Office (Joyal Administration, Room 115, 278.4076, M/S JA57).
- Official memos will be scanned and held in the student's electronic jacket and reviewed upon filing for graduation.
- Substitutions and waivers may not necessarily be reflected in the student's DPR.
General Education Advising
- General Education advising for many majors takes place at the University Advising Center (Joyal Administration Building, Room 224, 278.1787).
- Any substitutions for General Education requirements are done via petition to the Student Academic Petitions Committee (SAPC)
- Academic petitions MUST be completed through an appointment with an academic counselor at the University Advising Center (blank petition forms are not given to students or faculty).
- General Education substitutions approved by the SAPC may not be reflected in the student's DPR.