2016 Student Government Elections
2016-17 ASI Elections take place Tuesday, March 15 at 9 a.m. through Thursday, March 17 at noon. The ballot is available online and students must check their Fresno State email accounts for their unique username and password.
An on campus laptop voter station will be available Tuesday, March 15 and Wednesday March 16 from 10 am to 2 p.m. in front of the Kennel Bookstore.
Print or screen-shot your voter confirmation and redeem for a free full-sized bag of Skittles at the polling station area during booth hours.
Running for office is simple:
- Submit a completed 2016 Petition for Office. Petitions will be available starting January 19, 2016 in the ASI Business Office (USU 317) and online. Petitions are due Friday, February 12 by 5 p.m.
- Read the Election Code. All candidates are required to read the Election Code and can ask any questions at the All-Candidates’ Meeting.
- Attend the All-Candidates Meeting. All candidates must attend this mandatory orientation on ASI Elections on Wednesday, February 17,from 6-7 p.m. in USU 314. Candidate portraits will be taken.
- Campaign Candidates may begin to “formally” campaign (post flyers, signs, etc.) following the All-Candidates’ Meeting. Please follow the Election Code. Slate recognition forms are available.
- Vote! ASI Elections will be held online March 15-17, 2016. Write-in candidates must be registered with the ASI Business Office prior to the start of elections.
What’s Your Best Fit?
Executive Positions (4): Executives carry out essential duties for the non-profit auxiliary organization and serve as primary liaisons between the students and the university. They are expected to serve 20 hours a week and are paid positions.
Senators of Colleges/Schools (8): There is one Senator per each of the eight colleges / schools on campus. Senators are expected to meet regularly with their respective Dean and complete at least 8 hours of service each month. If running for a college/school please have only students from that college/school sign your petition for office.
Senators At-Large (7): At-Large Senators are appointed to represent different areas or interests on campus. Senators At-Large are expected to meet regularly with a designated individual who works closely with their respected area and serve at least 8 hours per month. Note: 8 Senators At-Large will be elected, one will advance to become the executive vice president.