Fresno State Fall 2021 Welcome Home Initiative for Upper Division Transfer Students
IMPORTANT REMINDER: Students will not be considered for Social Work, and Nursing.
The Welcome Home Initiative is a new admissions program that targets transfer students enrolled at a 4-year college/university outside the area who have now returned home due to COVID-19. If they meet the criteria, we will provide an option to enroll at Fresno State for the fall semester 2021.
In order to qualify for the Welcome Home Initiative, students must meet the criteria below:
- The student must currently reside in one of the following four counties: Fresno, Kings, Tulare, and Madera.
- The student must make a phone or Zoom appointment with a Recruitment staff (Schedule an appointment here)
- After meeting with a Recruitment staff, the student must submit a complete appeal.
A complete appeal consists of:
- The signed appeal form
- The student's personal statement
- The copy of the Transfer Worksheet form obtained during the appointment with the Recruitment counselor
- A copy of the student’s unofficial transcript with final spring 2021 grades, or in-progress courses if the student is still enrolled for the spring or summer terms
- A copy of the student’s unofficial AP scores if needed to satisfy admission requirements for Fresno State (The student will need to order official AP scores if the appeal is approved)
- Meet the CSU Upper Division Transfer admission requirements found at http://fresnostate.edu/studentaffairs/are/futurestudent/transfer/requirements.html
- Fresno State is an impacted campus and admission to some programs will require a higher GPA. To review Fresno State’s selection process and impaction admission GPA thresholds http://fresnostate.edu/studentaffairs/are/futurestudent/transfer/fall-transferselection.html
** Students cannot apply and will not be admitted to Nursing or Social Work.
"Welcome Home Initiative” Admissions Step by Step Guide for Upper Division Students
The steps below outline the process for assisting and admitting upper-division transfer students who meet the requirements for the Welcome Home initiative. Students must complete all of the following and submit their Cal State Application by June 30, 2021.
Step by Step process for Upper Division Transfer Students
- The student is highly encouraged to contact Admissions and Recruitment at 559.278.2261 to find out more about this program.
- The student must schedule a phone or Zoom appointment with a Recruitment counselor. Click on this link http://fresnostate.edu/studentaffairs/are/recruitment-services/request-appointment.html to schedule an appointment.
- After meeting with your Recruitment counselor, the student must submit a complete
appeal for a late application to the Recruitment staff with whom they have met. The
appeal packet must include:
- The Admissions Appeal Form
- The student’s personal statement
- The Recruitment Transfer Worksheet completed at the time of the appointment with the Recruitment staff
- Unofficial college transcripts with final grades for fall 2020 and spring 2021 or, if the student is still enrolled for spring and summer, the transcript must show all courses in progress*
- Unofficial AP scores if required to meet the admissions requirements for Fresno State*
*Must be PDF printouts from the student’s portal or account and must clearly identify the student. No screenshots or pictures will be accepted.
- Upon review and approval of the appeal by the committee, an invitation code will be emailed to the student with directions on how to apply.
- The student must submit their application within 48 hours of receiving the invitation code.
- If the student is admitted prior to June 1, 2021, the student will be required to accept their admission and register for Dog Days session (mandatory new student orientation) by the deadline of June 1, 2021. If the student is admitted after June 1, 2021, a Dog Days will be assigned to the student according to their major and they will be informed of the date by the Dog Days Office.
- The student will be required to attend their mandatory Dog Days.
- All required final official documents are due by July 15, 2021. (Includes official final transcripts and official AP test scores if applicable)