Certification of Coursework Veterans

Service members, veterans and dependents who want to use their federal VA educational benefits while enrolled at Fresno State must submit a Veterans Enrollment Form each term of enrollment.

Note: Students receiving only the California Veterans Fee Waiver Program are NOT required to fill out the form.

Please follow these steps:

  1. Once registered in all your classes, fill out the Veterans Enrollment Form. All enrolled coursework should pertain to your declared major. 
  2. The completed Enrollment form should be turned in to Veterans' Services Office, Joyal Administration building, room 121, north lobby.
  3. Veterans representatives will review coursework and determine continued eligibility.
  4. Any changes to enrollment (adds/drops/complete withdrawal) must be reported to Veterans Services Office immediately, (559) 278-6036.
  5. It is each student's responsibility receiving benefits in the following chapters: 30, 1606 & 1607, to process their monthly enrollment verification either by phone at 877.823.2378 or online at http://benefits.va.gov/gibill/

Fresno State's Veterans Education Benefit Certifying Officials:

  • Robyn Gutierrez, Veterans Specialist
  • Laura Yager, Registrar

Please call (559) 278-6036 for more information regarding our certification process.