Welcome Returning Students!
Undergraduate Students in Good Academic Standing
Former Fresno State students who left in good academic standing and are seeking readmission after an absence of two consecutive semesters (summer not included) must reapply for admissions at Cal State Apply. If a returning student attended another college or institution after their last semester at Fresno State official transcripts from those schools must be submitted. Please refer to Deadlines and Important Dates below.
Academically Disqualified Undergraduate Students
Undergraduate students who were academically disqualified from Fresno State and are seeking readmission to the university must:
- Reapply at Cal State Apply, and
- Complete and submit the Readmission Petition for Disqualified Students
Both steps must be completed by the stated deadlines found below. Furthermore, disqualified students must complete the following criteria to be eligible for readmission.
|Eligibility||Students who were academically disqualified from Fresno State are not eligible to
reapply for admission for at least two semesters following their disqualification.
|Minimum Degree Progress||
Deadlines and Important Dates for Undergraduates
|October 1, 2018||
Applications accepted at www.calstate.edu/apply
|February 1, 2019||Deadline to submit the application for Returning & Disqualified students|
|February 15, 2019||RETURNING STUDENT DOCUMENT DEADLINE
Residency information (if required) and official transcripts must be postmarked by this date
|February 15, 2019||DISQUALIFIED STUDENT DOCUMENT DEADLINE
Readmission Petition for Returning Disqualified Students, residency information (if required) and official transcripts must be postmarked by this date
Disqualified Graduate and Credential Students
Graduate students who were disqualified from Fresno State and are not returning immediately following disqualification must:
- Re-apply at Cal State Apply and
- Contact the Division of Research and Graduate Studies to petition to return to Fresno State.
Credential students who were disqualified from Fresno State and are not returning immediately following disqualification must:
1. Reapply at Cal State Apply and
2. Contact the Center for Advising and Student Services in the Kremen School of Education and Human Development to obtain the petition form and meet with a credential program coordinator.
1. What degree do I select?
First Bachelor’s Degree (seeking your first bachelor’s degree and have not earned a prior bachelor’s degree)
2. Are you applying to return to the CSU campus which you previously attended?
3. Did you obtain or are you planning to obtain a degree from this college (the college you’re returning to)?
Answer No to this question even though you will be planning to obtain a degree. If you answer yes, you will not be able to submit your application.
4. Do I have to enter all my courses?
Only enter transfer coursework taken after last attending Fresno State.
5. When entering repeated courses with a repeat code what do I do?
You are required to put down RP in the grade area only if the course has a repeat code that is not counting towards your GPA.
You are required to put down AR if the course has an Academic Renewal code.
6. Do I indicate foundation courses in the General Education section?
Yes, indicate Golden 4 courses. If courses were taken through Fresno State, you will need to add Fresno State to Colleges Attended before entering coursework.
For more information regarding readmission or academic standing, please visit the university catalog.