CSU Fully Online
The CSU Fully Online program provides an opportunity for eligible matriculated students to enroll in one course per term offered by another CSU campus. The program is aimed to facilitate access to high demand, high success courses as part of the continuing effort of providing students with access to the courses needed to expedite graduation.
Online learning is different that learning in the classroom. You want to make sure you’re ready to succeed in your online class and there are a few steps you can take to help you complete the CSU Fully Online course successfully. If this is your first time taking a fully online course, we recommend you:
- Complete one or two “Are you ready for online learning?” checklists. Here are two
self-assessments that are free and easy to complete. You should feel confident that
you have the skills, learning styles, technologies, and time to be successful in an
online course. These checklists can help you make sure you’re prepared to succeed.
- CSU Stanislaus Online Learning Readiness Checklist
- University of North Carolina Online Learning Readiness Checklist
- Spend time (hours vs. minutes) exploring the student portal, the campus’ technology platform for your CSU Fully Online course, reviewing the syllabus, and making sure you are familiar and comfortable with the online services at Fresno State. You want to be prepared BEFORE the course work starts to pile up.
- Online courses frequently require additional time for preparation and participation, make sure to schedule an appropriate amount of time to do the work for your class. DON’T LET “I’ll do it later” lead to poor grades which ultimately wastes your time and money in school.
Once you are a student at Fresno State and with your Fresno State Student ID, you can explore and have access to a wealth of online resources:
- Access My Fresno State for Registration and Blackboard
- Academic Calendar at Fresno State
- Student and Academic Policies
- The Campus Directory for faculty and staff
If you are taking an online class at Fresno State, there may be a number of differences in how our online course is delivered as compared to your campus. Please explore the resources below:
- If you need to ask questions about using our technologies, you can call our HelpDesk at (559) 278-5000. You will also find steps on how to create your Fresno State Gmail account and how to forward messages to your current email account: Gmail at Fresno State
- Our courses use our technology platform called Blackboard. You can become familiar with the platform by completing the tutorial.
- You have access to all our Henry Madden Library resources and you can explore our online library services.
- Our Kennel Bookstore can provide you the course materials you need for your class.
The CSU also provides you a free online library on supplemental learning resources at MERLOTx. You are welcome to explore and use these free resources to help you learn.