Transcripts are a complete record of all courses and/or degrees completed at California State University Fresno. Transcripts do not include course work completed at other institutions; the transferable units only, are reflected on transcripts under Transfer Credit . For students who have both undergraduate and post-baccalaureate course work, please be aware that it is not possible to separate undergraduate course work from the post-baccalaureate course work. Both careers will appear on the transcript, as it is considered one official record.
Transcripts must be requested in person, by mail (student's signature required), or online (for an additional fee). Orders are not accepted by telephone, fax, or email. When ordering transcripts in person, please be sure to bring valid photo ID.
Current processing time is a minimum of 5 business days after the request is opened (Exception: Holidays processing time may exceed more that 5 business days).
PLEASE NOTE: We do not accept requests for unofficial transcripts. Unofficial transcripts can be obtained over your Student Center page on my.csufresno.edu portal (current and newly graduated students only). If you need assistance please contact the University Help Desk at (559) 278-7000.
1. Order Online (Preferred method)
- Current Students Order Transcripts Online(Please note: Student must sign in, click on Student Self Service, and then click on Request Official Transcripts)
- Alumni / Former Students Order Transcripts Online
- Click here to check the status of your online transcript request
2. Transcripts Request in Person
- Request transcripts in person at the Admissions and Records service window located in the North Lobby area of the Joyal Administration Building, then pay your fees at the Cashiers Service windows (located in the South Joyal lobby)
- When ordering transcripts in person, please be sure to bring valid photo ID.
- Please note that if someone other than yourself will be requesting in person and/or picking-up the transcript, you need to provide a signed release authorizing the third party to request and/or pick-up your transcript and they need to bring a valid photo ID
3. Request by Mail
Send us a letter with the following personal information:
- Name, Maiden name or name used while a student;
- Last year enrolled;
- Date of birth;
- Student ID number or Social Security Number;
- Current address and Phone number;
- Number of transcripts requested with complete names and addresses of where each transcript is to be mailed;
- Indicate if you are waiting for information to post (final grades or current degree posting) before mailing transcript;
- Sign and date your request;
- Include your payment, payable to California State University Fresno (check or money order only);
- Include your payment, payable to California State University Fresno (check or money order only)
Full payment must be included with orders submitted either in person or by mail. California State University, Fresno accepts Check or Money order only, when mailing in orders. When ordering online a valid credit card and e-mail is required.
Same charges apply as shown below for In person/mail-in orders in addition to a handling fee of $2 per transcript for online orders. Please refer to Credential Solutions website.
In person/mail-in orders:
Additional copies ordered at the same time up to ten
Additional copies prepared after ten
$10.00 plus the total cost of the number of official transcripts ordered.
Rush processing time is currently a minimum of 2 business days after the request is opened. When mailing in a rush request, please write "RUSH" on the top of the request form
Rush service is not available for transcripts that are archived (off campus), and requests being held for special handling (i.e. grades, degree, etc.)
When Should we process your transcript request?
- Grades: You may submit a transcript request prior to grades posting, just make sure to check the appropriate box of the transcript request form and indicate the semester and year you would like included on your transcripts. We will process your request once the grades have been posted for that term. Please be sure to be as specific as possible, as errors will require a new request form and fee
- Degrees: You may submit a transcript request prior to posting of degrees, just make sure to check the appropriate box of the transcript request form and indicate the degree you want included as well as the semester and year the degree is earned. We will process your request once the degree has been posted. ( Please note that the posting of a degree takes approximately six to eight weeks from grades posting)
If there is any financial hold or administrative obligation on your student records, it must be cleared with the department that placed the hold before transcripts can be processed. Holds may be placed on your student records by other departments on campus for various reasons (i.e. fees, books, equipment, and documents). Transcript requests and payment that are received by mail will be returned by mail, if there is a hold on record.
California State University, Fresno
5150 North Maple Avenue MS:JA57
Fresno, CA 93740-8026.
Phone: (559) 278-4743