First Time Freshmen
Congratulations! By now you’ve received your letter of acknowledgment and are ready to think about your next steps to becoming a Fresno State Bulldog.
Follow the steps below to ensure a smooth transition to Fresno State.
Step 1: DOCUMENT DEADLINE- February 2, 2019
Submit mandatory SAT and/or ACT scores. All requested documents must be postmarked by this date.
How to check if you have sent official test scores to the university.
1. Log in to your Cal State Apply Account
2. Click on the Check Status tab
3. Under My Programs, click download arrow next to any campus that you have applied
4. On your downloaded application, scroll down to the end of the Green section, and look for Standardized Tests. If your College Board Student ID is blank click here for instructions.
You may also check the receipt of your official SAT scores on the Check Status tab of the application, by clicking on Standardized Tests under Overall Status.
To update your application with your College Board Student ID#:
1. Log in to your Cal State Apply Account
2. Navigate to the second quadrant, Academic History, then select Standardized tests
3. Scroll to the bottom of the screen to select the option to “Add a Standardized test”
4.Select SAT from the drop-down menu, select the appropriate test date and add your College Board Student ID#
If you have not yet requested official scores from College Board, please send your scores to code 3594 or any one of the CSU Campus Codes today
Step 2: Admissions Notification- February 2019
Our office will begin to notify applicants about their admission status. Admission status can also be viewed in your Student Center.
Tip: Access your Student Center on a weekly basis at https://my.fresnostate.edu.
In your Student Center, pay close attention to the following:
- To Do List
- Important Info & Holds
- My Academic Records & Registrations
- My Admission and Program Application
- Application Status
- Accept/Decline (see Step 3)
- My Finances (Financial Obligations and Financial Aid)
- Financial Aid
- My Personal Information
- Contact Information
Step 3: Accept/Decline Admission Dog Days Registration - March 15 – May 1, 2019
ACCEPT/DECLINE ADMISSION and DOG DAYS REGISTRATION
Follow the instructions below to ACCEPT/DECLINE your admission decision, REGISTER, and PAY for Dog Days:
- Visit https://my.fresnostate.edu and click the Sign In button found on the top left-hand side.
- Enter Fresno State username and password and click the Login button.
- Under My Menu on the left side of the screen, select Student Self Service.
- Click on Student Center.
- Click on the green arrow next to My Admissions and Program Applications.
- Select the Accept/Decline link and follow the instructions to accept or decline your admission.
- After admission has been accepted, the student will see additional screens that will allow them to register and pay for a DOG DAYS: New Student Orientation session. A student must register and pay for an orientation session to complete acceptance to Fresno State.
(If a student logs off after they ACCEPT their admission, they can log back into their Student Center and register for DOG DAYS by clicking on the Dog Days Orientation link found under My Admissions and Program Applications before May 1, 2019.)
Step 4: Early Start Registration - May 2019
EARLY START REGISTRATION
Register for Early Start classes (if required)
Step 5: Dog Days - June 2019
New Student Orientation sessions begin
Step 6: Transcript Deadline - June 30, 2019
Submit your final official high school transcript. Official college transcripts are required if you took college courses while in high school.
Step 7: Early Start - July 2019
Attend Early Start classes (if required)
Step 8: New Student Convocation - August 2019
WELCOME NEW BULLDOG!
Attend the New Student Convocation at the Save Mart Center.
*Dates are subject to change. Please check your email and this website regularly for the latest updates.
Step by Step Guides
The links below are step by step instructions to the most frequently asked questions that pertain to the admissions process.
Change of major information for fall 2019:
- First-time freshmen can change their major during the application period between October 1 and November 30.
- To request a change of major, students must complete and submit this form http://fresnostate.edu/studentaffairs/are/documents/forms/admissions/Change_of_Major_Newly_Admitted.pdf
- Turn in the form to the Admissions Office, Joyal Administration Building, North Lobby, window #5 for review (your GPA will be considered for impacted programs under the new major)
- Students will be notified by email of the outcome.
- First-time freshmen who wish to change their major after the priority application period must wait until after census date in fall 2019
(20th day of instruction). At that time, students must request a change of major through the Office of the University Registrar.