Our staff are dedicated to providing quality assistance and help to high school and transfer students who are seeking to become successful Bulldogs! Here are some of our most common services:
- Provide up to date information about Fresno State's academic programs, student services and student life in order to help future students make an educated decision on attending our campus.
- Offer a preview of campus life and facilities by offering group and individual/family campus tours.
- Provide one-on-one pre-admission advising sessions and help prospective students in their exploration of different pathways to Fresno State.
- Assist students with unofficial transcript evaluation at various stages of a prospective student's academic career to evaluate their progress for entry to the university.
- Help future students navigate the admission process and assist them with the completion of steps required to attend the university from the time they apply, to their acceptance, to attending required orientation, and finally to the moment they enroll.
To support the university’s goals for undergraduate student enrollment by recruiting diverse students from our region and beyond through equitable partnerships, innovative programs, high quality services and recruitment technologies.
To assist applicants through their application by ensuring they have the most up to date information to be admitted and enrolled to Fresno State and become successful student leaders.
Our staff aim to be well informed advocates for all prospects, applicants, and admitted students as they progress through their Fresno State experience.
- Promote the Fresno State opportunity to communities within our region and beyond through visitations and other non-traditional recruitment strategies.
- Strengthen relationship with feeder schools through the ambassador program, frequent staff visitations, data sharing and counselor conferences.
- Attract and recruit diverse students as designated by the university’s initiatives.
- Strengthen relationship with academic colleges/schools using the school recruitment model.
- Implement new technologies to reach students beyond traditional methods.
- Provide quality and effective yield programs and activities such as Preview Day and other types of receptions to move students from applicants to enrollees.
- Ensure all applicants know exactly what is required to be admitted to Fresno State.
- Provide students with quick communications and updates on their application and required documents.
- Inform students once admitted of next steps and ensure they understand all requirements to successfully enroll once admitted.
Our ambassador program and professional staff provide the following services:
- Provide updates to counselors
- Fresno State information workshops
- Review transcripts for pre-admission qualification
- Admission workshops
- Application workshops
- Assist with scholarship application
- Assist with EOP and financial aid workshops
- Assist students with the completion of their application
- Assist students with next steps: EPT/ELM registration, accept admission, register/pay for Dog Days (new student orientation), register for Early Start Program
- Attend high school college fairs
Ambassadors are assigned to the following high schools:
Our professional recruitment counselors service the following community colleges and their students:
- Allan Hancock College
- Clovis Community College
- College of the Sequoias
- Fresno City College
- Hartnell College
- Madera Center
- Merced College
- Modesto Junior College
- Porterville College
- Reedley College
- West Hills Coalinga
- West Hills Lemoore