- Don't just visit campus, Take a Tour led by one of our students and find out about the many programs we offer.
- Want some more information about Fresno State and our programs? Fill out our Information Request Form and join our mailing list.
- Almost ready to apply? Before you do, Request and Appointment with one of our Undergraduate Admissions Counselors who can assist you as you prepare to apply to Fresno State.
In addition to all these activities you can do, visit our Undergraduate Student Recruitment page and find out all the information you need on admissions eligibility and costs.
- Hold an acceptable baccalaureate degree from an institution accredited by a regional accrediting association, or have completed equivalent academic preparation as determined by appropriate campus authorities;
- Be in good academic standing at the last college or university attended;
- Have satisfied any one of the following:
- attained a GPA of at least 2.5 in an acceptable earned baccalaureate degree, or
- or attained a GPA of at least 2.5 in the last 60 semester units (90 quarter units) attempted,
- or hold an acceptable post-baccalaureate degree earned at an institution accredited by a regional accrediting association;
- satisfactorily meet the professional, personal, scholastic, and other standards for graduate study, including qualifying examinations, as appropriate campus authorities may prescribe.
Graduate Applicants Fall 2017 Critical Dates
(Extensions will not be granted on these deadlines)
October 2016Saturday, October 1
Applications accepted at www.calstate.edu/apply
June 2017Thursday, June 1
Deadline to submit application
Thursday, June 15
Application fees, transcripts, residency information (if required) and test scores must be postmarked by this date
*Some programs have earlier deadlines, or do no accept applications for spring semester admission. Additionally, some graduate programs require additional materials (separate applications, letters, GRE subject tests, etc.). Please refer to the Program Admission Criteria Sheet for additional information and deadlines.
Applying to Fresno State
How to apply
For help completing your Cal State Apply application you may:
- call: 1.857.304.2087
- email: CalStateApply@liasoncas.com
- web: https://help.liaisonedu.com/Cal_State_Apply_Applicant_Help_Center
On campus you may contact Division of Graduate Studies office at 559.278.2448.
NOTE: You must indicate one of the following degree objectives on your application.
- Specific Graduate Degree Program
- Credential Program
- Specific Certificate of Advanced Study
Persons who are undeclared should contact Open University (Division of Continuing and Global Education, 278.0333).
Graduate & Postbaccalaureate Application Procedures
Graduate and postbaccalaureate applicants include:
- Joint Ph.D. and Ed.D. applicants
- Master's degree applicants
- Credential applicants
- Advanced Certificate applicants
Applicants who completed undergraduate degree requirements and graduated the preceding term are also required to complete and submit an application and a nonrefundable application fee.
To be assured of initial consideration by more than one campus, it will be necessary for any applicant to submit separate applications (including fees) to each campus. An electronic version of the CSU graduate application is available on the World Wide Web at www.calstate.edu/apply.
After your application has been submitted
After your application is submitted
Access your Student Center:
- Click My Menu
- Click Student Self Service
- Click Student Center
- To Do List
- Application Status
- Important Info and Holds
- Financial Aid
Visit www.gotofresnostate.com and click on Events for a list of Next Step webinars.
Create Fresno State e-mail account
How to check your application status
- Visit https://my.fresnostate.edu and log into your Fresno State portal using your Fresno State username and password. This is the same username and password you created for your Fresno State email account at https://email.csufresno.edu/index.php
- Once logged in, click on Student Self Service and then Student Center
- Once on your Student Center, click on ‘My Admissions and Program Applications’ to view your application status by clicking on Univ Application Status
- Pay special attention to any application fee holds because the $55 application fee has to be paid by the document deadline for the semester you are applying for.
I’ve requested that my official transcripts be sent. Why does my To Do List still show Transcript?
- If the most recent official transcript you submitted shows any in-progress courses, a Transcript item will remain on your To Do List to remind you that you need to submit a new set of transcripts after the in-progress course is over.
- You should receive an email letting you know that your initial transcripts have been received. If you attended 2 or more schools within a district, you will get separate emails regarding each institution.
- Spring admission – we start reviewing applications and official transcripts around the third week of September and plan to have all applications reviewed by October 31st
- Fall admission – we start reviewing applications and official transcripts around the third week of January and plan to have all applications reviewed by April 15th
Application Review process
After you've been admitted