Student holding bookA student who has transferred to Fresno State from a two-year community college or four-year university is considered a "transfer student."

The transfer process can be stressful at times, so we encourage you to take advantage of every opportunity to learn about the programs and services available to you.

Newly Admitted Students

Entering students (admitted to the university for the coming semester) are expected to attend DOG DAYS New Student Orientation. This day-long series of workshops and presentations will provide you with valuable information you will need to have a successful transition to Fresno State.

Evaluation of Transfer Credit

The official evaluation of your transfer units is done by the Evaluations Office, located in the Joyal Administration Building, Room 115 (278-4076). You can also find helpful information about transferable courses in the California Community College system at the ASSIST website.

Your DARS report will show how the courses you transferred from your previous college or university count at Fresno State. For help in reading and understanding your DARS report, check out this PDF document.