Second-Semester Freshman Advising
What is it?
All freshmen are required to have an academic advising session in spring before registering for their fall classes. A hold will be placed on the student center as a reminder to complete this advising at the students earliest opportunity. Registration for fall 2015 begins April 20, 2015. Students who do not clear this required advising will not be allowed to register for classes that week.
You must go to your major or program advisor for your advising session if you are in one of the following programs/major:
- Engineering (all majors)
- Liberal Studies
- College of Science & Math (all majors see A.R.C.)
- Educational Opportunity Program (EOP)
- College Assistance Migrant Program (CAMP)
- Smittcamp Family Honors College
- TRiO Support Services
All other students have three options to fulfill their advising requirement. Choose ONE from the following:
- Meet with your major advisor. (All undeclared students select option 2 or 3).
- Complete an online workshop through Blackboard. You may self-enroll by going to "Hot Spots" (along the top menu bar, toward the middle) on Blackboard then enroll into the Freshman Advising Workshop. (NOTE: This option will not satisfy the requirement for those students who are part of the list above).
- Attend a workshop by the Office of Advising Services. Click here to register.
NOTE: Individual appointments with Office of Advising Services counselors will NOT satisfy this requirement. If you have seen your major advisor and the hold is still there, contact them.