Possible Courses for First-Semester Transfer Students
- Lower division GE courses (numbered 1-99) you know you still need.
- Upper division GE courses (numbered 100-199) you know you need, as long as you have
(or will have) at least 60 semester units at the end of your first semester and have
met any prerequisites.
- Upper Division Writing Skills Requirement
- Pass the UDWE. Depending on your major, you may be able to take the Upper Division Writing Exam, OR
- Take a "W" class. Consult the current Schedule of Classes for a complete listing.
- To receive upper division credit for the UDWE or the "W" class you must have completed
60 or more semester units that count toward graduation.
- Major classes (Introductory or core major courses that you have not yet completed.
- Minor or certificate classes. Earn elective units by pursuing a minor (ranging from
15 to 24 units) or a certificate (usually 12 units) in areas.
- University 100 or Community Service 101
- Electives. Take any classes that interest you. Some students enjoy Kinesiology Activity
Courses (KAC) or one-unit topics classes.
- Are you undeclared? Explore a possible major or minor by taking an introductory class
in that area.