What is the process if students want to change their major?

  1. Students can download a  Change of Major Request form or obtain a form from the Admissions and Records Service Windows, North Lobby, Joyal Administration Building.
  2. Students then take the form to the new major for an advisor's approval.
  3.  Once the form is complete, students return the form to the Admissions and Records Service Windows.

Which majors are considered impacted at California State University, Fresno?
At this time, the Nursing program is the only impacted major at Fresno State and Business Administration and Psychology are restricted majors.  Students who wish to complete requirements for an impacted or restricted major will be admitted in a "Pre-Major" category until they have completed the prerequisites to be admitted into the program.  Contact major advisors in those departments for more information.

What if students are undecided about which major to choose?
Students who are undecided about their major can change their major to "undeclared" while exploring their options.  Students will need to obtain a signature on their Change of Major form from an academic counselor in the Office of Advising Services , Joyal Administration Building, Room 224, 278-1787.  See Undeclared Majors for more details.