We are located in the Joyal Administration Building, Room 224. (See campus map. Short-term parking is available in the area south of the Smittcamp Alumni House.)
You can also buy a $5 permit for the day and park in any student lot.
Fresno California 93740-8026
Office Hours - Academic Year
Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday - Appointments Only 8:00am-5:00pm
9:00am-11:00am & 1:30pm-4:00pm
Our office will have walk-in's only during December 11th - 23rd and January 7th - 31st from 9-11am and 1:30-4:00pm
Note: Office is closed December 25th-January 1st. No walk-ins available on December 20th.
TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT with an Academic Counselor:
- Call 559.278.1787 OR Drop by Joyal Administration, Room 224, OR
- Book online thru Bulldog Connect
- Log into my.fresnostate.edu and click on the Bulldog Connect link:
- Click Make An Appointment
- Select Type: Advising, Select Category: University Advising Center, Select Service: Chose a reason for your appointment
- Select University Advising Center as the location
- Chose the best day and time
- Click Confirm to confirm the appointment
To answer questions of an immediate concern, drop-in advising is available for brief 15 minute appointments. (Based on counselor availability)
Monday through Friday 9-11 a.m. and 1:30-4 p.m. - During the academic year
Monday through Friday 8-11 a.m. and 1:00-2:30 p.m - Summer hours
WALK-IN WEDNESDAYS - No appointment needed
- No appointment needed on Wednesdays
- Hours: 9–11 a.m. and 1:30–4 p.m. during the academic year; 8-11:00 a.m. and 1-2:30 p.m. Summer
- Brief (10-15 minute) advising sessions with an academic counselor
Click here to email an Academic Counselor and we will respond during business hours Monday-Friday. If you are needing immediate assistance, please feel free to contact our office or your major advising center.
Current Fresno State students may use this service to ask an academic counselor general advising questions. We cannot address questions that require us to access your academic records.
NOTE: If you are a prospective (future) student who has not yet been admitted to the university, please contact University Outreach Services at 559.278.2048 or visit www.gotofresnostate.com/
If you are in need of advising specific to your MAJOR, please contact your Major Advising Center.
- If you have attended Fresno State in the past, please make an appointment with an academic counselor by calling 559.278.1787.
- If you have attended other institutions since you were last here, bring copies of those transcripts if you have them (even unofficial ones).
- The next application period is October 1, 2017 – February 1, 2018 for Fall 2018. Please visit: https://www.calstate.edu/apply
- If you have never attended Fresno State but have been formally admitted for an upcoming semester, you will need to attend DOG DAYS: New Student Orientation before you may speak with one of our advisors. After attending Dog Days, you are welcome to meet with an advisor.
- If you have never attended Fresno State and have not been formally admitted to the university, please contact University Outreach Services.
Advising Center Feedback Form
Please use this form only to submit feedback about our office. Responses to this form are not checked daily.