Sixty Plus Fee Waiver
The 60+ Fee Waiver Program is a fee-reduction program for Fresno State students who have reached the age of 60. Only students who have been admitted to Fresno State and are pursuing a degree may participate in the 60+ Fee Waiver Program.
Criteria for this program are as follows:
- Must be 60 years of age or older.
- Must meet all regular admissions requirements and be admitted to California State University , Fresno in an undergraduate or post baccalaureate program.
- Must have a declared major and be pursuing a degree.
- Must be a California resident.
- Must have access to a computer.
- Must be willing to use Fresno State campus email
- The Admissions Application is online and can be accessed through www.calstate.edu/apply.
- Once admitted into California State University , Fresno and accepted into the 60+ Fee Waiver Program the registration fees are $7.00 per semester. Students cannot be retroactively added to the 60+ Fee Waiver Program .
- 60+ students are responsible for parking passes, books, supplies and any miscellaneous class materials fees.
- The 60+ Fee Waiver Program does not cover fees for certificate, MBA, Cal Teach or Joint Doctoral Programs.
- Participants in the 60+ Fee Waiver Program cannot register for classes until the open enrollment date of each semester. If registration occurs prior to the first day of class the system will charge the full registration fees.
- Courses offered through Open University or Extended Education are not covered under the 60+ Fee Waiver Program .
- The Health Services fee is optional. Payment may be made at the beginning of the semester or at the time of the first visit. Call Health and Psychological Services at (559) 278-2734 for details on the fee amount and the range of services offered to students.
- Purchase of a semester parking permit is optional. However, all students must have a permit to park on campus: either a semester permit or a day pass (available for machines located at campus entrances). Metered spaces are available on a limited basis.
- Students with DMV-issued Disabled Permits must also have a campus parking permit. For more information please call the Parking Office at (559) 278-2950.
- All classes must be taken for either a letter grade or the Credit/No Credit grading option, if offered.
- Auditing a class is not allowed in the 60+ Fee Waiver Program .
- All classes taken through the 60+ Program will appear on the student's Fresno State transcripts, and a GPA will be calculated. Failure to maintain a satisfactory GPA may result in a student being placed on academic probation or academic disqualification.
- Once admitted, students who need to stop out for a semester or more may need to reapply for admissions back into the university. See an academic counselor regarding individual situations. Students are responsible for meeting all admission deadlines.
- All students are required to have computer access.
- All Fresno State correspondence will be sent through their Fresno State email address.
- For more information and to sign up for the 60+ program please call Service for Student Success ( Joyal Administration Building , Room 224) at 559-278-1787 and schedule an appointment with the 60+ Fee Waiver Program coordinator.