What can we do for you?
Our academic counselors are here to serve currently enrolled or returning Fresno State undergraduates who need advising for:
- General Education
- Graduation requirements (including DARS report review)
- Probation and disqualification
- Major exploration (help for undeclared/undecided students)
- Class registration
- University policies and procedures
- Academic petitions
- Special majors
Scroll down to find out how to contact us.
For information about Fresno State's mandatory advising requirements, click here.
HOW TO CONTACT US
TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT for an in-person meeting with an academic counselor:
- Call 559.278.1787, OR
- Drop by Joyal Administration, Room 224 (on the second floor, across the hall from Financial Aid).
- No appointment needed most Wednesdays
- Hours: 9–11 a.m. and 1:30–4 p.m.
- Brief (10-15 minute) advising sessions with an academic counselor.
Summer Walk-In Wednesday hours: 8–11 a.m. and 1–2:30 p.m.
Click here for online advising (questions of a general nature only).
If you are in need of advising specific to your MAJOR, please contact your major department .
- If you have attended Fresno State in the past and would like to return, please make an appointment to speak with an academic counselor.
- If you have attended other institutions since you were last here, bringing in copies of those transcripts would help your counselor better assist you.
- If you have never attended Fresno State but have been formally admitted for the upcoming academic year, you will need to attend DOG DAYS: New Student Orientation before you may speak with one of our academic counselors. After you attend Dog Days, you are welcome to speak with an Advising Services counselor.
- If you have never attended Fresno State and have not been formally admitted to the university, please contact University Outreach Services.
HOW TO FIND US
Student Success Services
Joyal Administration Building, Room 224
5150 North Maple Avenue M/S JA 62
Fresno California 93740-8026
We are located in the Joyal Administration Building, Room 224, near the corner of Maple and Shaw Avenues. (See campus map. Short-term parking is available in the area south of the Smittcamp Alumni House.)
You can also buy a $3 permit for the day and park in any student lot.
Office hours during the academic year are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday– Friday.
Summer hours (late May to early August) are 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday–Friday.