What is Sociology?
Sociology is the study of social life and the social causes and consequences of human behavior. Sociology's subject matter ranges from the intimate family to the hostile mob, from crime to religion, from the divisions of race and social class to the shared beliefs of a common culture, from the sociology of work to the sociology of sport. Few fields have such broad scope and relevance.
Letters of Recommendation Requests:
- Submit request at least one (1) month in advance.
- Provide a listing of specific things you might like the letter writer to comment on and a rough draft of the letter; be sure to address the key areas the requesting institution has identified.
- Include: how you know the professor from whom you are requesting a letter, how long you have been acquainted with the professor, and what class(es) you have or have had with him or her, when, and the grade(s) you earned.
- Clearly identify deadline information.
- Include guidelines from and contact information for the requesting institution.
- Include the necessary forms to accompany the letter.
- Complete as much of the form(s) as possible. Please enter the contact information of the letter writer:
- Title and name of professor
- Campus address of professor
- Campus phone number of professor
- Include your personal contact and demographic information and other data not required to be completed by the letter writer
- Include a copy of your resume.
- Include a copy of your unofficial transcripts or a DARS report.
- Note arrangements for delivery of letter (e.g., direct mail or pick-up).