Students have two options for advisement. They can make an appointment with the College of Social Sciences Advising Center (COSSAC) or they can consult a faculty member in the Department of History.
If you need general advising about the history major and minor requirements, are interested in becoming a history major, or have an advising hold, please contact the COSSAC, which is located in McKee Fisk, room 207.
Before you consult the COSSAC, you should:
- Download the Department of History's Bachelor of Arts Degree Advising Checklist.
- Obtain a copy of your DARS Report by downloading it from My Fresno State.
You can make an appointment with the COSSAC in the following ways:
- GradesFirst in Blackboard
- Fresno State's Student Portal
- send an email to COSSAC - firstname.lastname@example.org
- contact one of the COSSAC Academic Counselors directly:
- Jenny Saechao, 559-278-2432;
- Ross Whitton, 559-=278-5787
If you need advising regarding history courses, graduate school, or other issues related to the study of history, please consult your assigned faculty member.
Each history major is assigned a faculty advisor based on his/her last name. See the Department of History's Advisor list.