Please click through the following for information for new students, College Advising and Transfer students. 

New Students

As part of the planning process, it is highly recommended that you consult regularly with your major advisor and/or advising services advisor. Students must meet all degree requirements as specified in their catalog. There are general education, major, and university requirements.

Criminology Honors Program

The Criminology Honors Program is a two-year upper-division program for selected CRIM students who have an overall GPA of 3.5 or higher. Students must apply to the Honors Program by completing an application, oral interview, and writing sample. Eligible students are invited to apply during the spring semester of what is typically their sophomore year. Transfer students are also eligible to apply but need to do so before transferring. To graduate with Honors, students who are selected to be members of the Criminology Honors Program must take four Honors courses and must maintain an overall cumulative GPA, and overall major GPA, of 3.5 or higher each semester while enrolled in the program. For more information, please see:

Benefits of the program include:

  • Priority registration for all university classes.
  • Select courses for Honors students only.
  • Extended library privileges.
  • Statement of Honors status on permanent transcript and diploma.
  • Inscribed Smittcamp Bronze Medallion awarded at an Honors ceremony.
  • Special recognition at convocation and commencement.


College of Social Sciences Advising Center

The College of Social Sciences Advising Center is the academic advising home for currently admitted students within the College of Social Sciences (COSS). Advisors are here to assist students in achieving their academic and professional goals. Services provided include:

  • Advising on majors, minors, and certificates within the COSS

  • Academic Plans

  • Class Registration Assistance 

  • General Education  Requirements

  • Degree Requirements/Grad Checks

  • How to read your Degree Progress Report (DPR)

  • Clearing Registration Holds

  • Change of Major

Please call the office at 559.278.3422 to schedule an appointment.

Transfer Students

Click here for more information about which courses may transfer over from community colleges and other California State Universities. *Does not take the place of an official evaluation by our Registrar's Office. 


Have an additional question? Be sure to review our Frequently Asked Questions.


Student Resource Links