Academic Field Trips
The Division of Student Affairs has certain requirements for classes taking field trips that are detailed in the Academic Off-Campus Events Policy. The policy is very helpful in organizing, planning and implementing a successful field trip. Please refer to the policy for specific information and the required forms. Academic Off-Campus Events Policy
The following is a summary of the forms and the distribution/retention requirements.
1) File Form 1 - (Event Notification/Approval) with the appropriate Dean, Chair, or Vice President, or their designee, at least fifteen (15) working days prior to the scheduled off-campus event.
2) Collect a signed Form 2 - (Release of Liability) and Form 3 - (Emergency Information) from each trip participant at least five (5) working days before departing for the event.
3) File a trip roster, copy of Form 1 (Event Notification) and all collected Form 2 (Release of Liability) with the department office at least five (5) working days before departing for the event. The department must retain these copies for four (4) years.
4) File a trip roster, copy of Form 1 (Event Notification) and all collected Form 3 (Emergency Information) with the Fresno State Police Department before departing for the event. The forms should be in a sealed envelope to protect participants' confidentiality and will be opened only in an emergency.
5) The event leader must take a trip roster and a copy of each participants' Form 3 (Emergency Information) to the off-campus event. The forms should be in sealed envelopes to protect participants' confidentiality and will be opened only in an emergency.
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Environmental Health & Safety, Risk Management and Sustainability at 278-7422.