Internships (CRIM 180I)
Complete the following (ALL ARE REQUIRED):
1. Criminology Student Advising (Can be accessed on Canvas)
2. CRIM Mandatory Pre-Internship Orientation Tutorial (Can be accessed on Canvas)
3. Attend one(1) mandatory in-person "pre-orientation" meeting within one year prior to enrolling in CRIM 180I.
- This is a great opportunity to take notes and have any questions answered about the Criminology Internship course. Dates Pending.
4. Open only to Criminology majors. Prerequisites: CRIM 1, CRIM 2, CRIM 20 (A letter grade of a C or better must be awarded BEFORE you can register). Co-requisite: CRIM 112 and senior standing, or permission by instructor/internship coordinator
Pre-Internship Orientation dates:
|Monday, 4.13.2020||5:00-7:00 pm||AG 109|
|Tuesday, 4.14.2020||5:00-7:00 pm||S2-109|
||5:00-7:00 pm||Agm 102|
|Thursday, 4.16.2020||5:00-7:00 pm||TBD|
1: Placement and Discussion of Job Descriptions and Applications
2: Applications and Behavioral Expectations
3: Oral Boards
4: Background Investigations
5: Psychological Testing
6: Final class meeting-all required material must be turned in
You will have the opportunity to sign up for specific agencies during the first scheduled internship meeting, (footnoted in the Schedule of Courses) unless you have already been accepted by an agency on your own efforts. If you find an internship on your own, all internship forms must be completed.
CRIM 180I SAMPLE PDF FORMS (DO NOT USE) forms will be provided through Canvas once you are enrolled in the course.
- Student Internship Placement Policy and Procedures
- Form D: Intern Midterm Evaluation Questionnaire
- Form E: Intern Final Evaluation Questionnaire
- Weekly Log
- Student Release Liability and Emergency Contact
- Internship Learning Plan Agreement Student Release Liability and Emergency Contact
- 2019-2020 Internship Learning Plan Agreement
- Placement (1st meeting) information sheet
- Self-Placement information sheet
For professional experience substitution consideration, consult your assigned internship faculty prior to or during the first internship meeting. Professional Experience Guidelines.
For more information, please contact the Internship Coordinator, Dr. Otto Schweizer.