Be one of a select cohort of students who will graduate with a B.S. in Criminology with an Honors distinction.
The Benefits of the Honors Distinction Include:
- Priority Registration
- Select courses for Honors Students only
- Consideration for Special Internship Assignments
- Eligibility for Criminology Scholarships
- Extended Library Privileges
Benefits at Graduation
- Statement of Honor Status on Permanent Transcript and Diploma
- Inscribed Smittcamp Bronze Medallion Awarded at Graduation
- Special Recognition at Convocation and Commencement
Students who are accepted into the Honors program will have an opportunity to work one-on-one with specialists within the field of Criminology to conduct research, make conference presentations, and publish scholarly articles. Students will have the opportunity to attend periodic seminars with other Honors students on specialized topics.
- Apply for Honor Status as a second semester sophomore CSUF student or as a transfer student. Preferential consideration will be given for continuing CSUF students who display exceptional academic, extracurricular, and community service performance prior to their junior year.
- Maintain an overall 3.4 GPA in all university coursework during each semester of participation within the Honors Program.
- A minimum of 3.4 GPA prior to enrollment for Honor Status.
Applications are accepted during the Spring semester for the following academic year. Please check with the Criminology Department office (Science II, Room 159) during February to pick up an application.