COSS Convocation information
Date: Friday, May 17, 2019
Time: 10:15 AM
Place: Save Mart Center
Please click here to be redirected to the COSS registration & event page
How do I sign up to participate in the COSS Convocation?
You will need to fill out the application during the open time frame mentioned on the flyer. The link will only be active during that time frame. The
link will be available through the College of Social Sciences website. Click here access the link on their webpage.
Will my name be read at the COSS Convocation?
Yes, your name will be read according to what you requested on the registration link. This is not the name that will appear on your diploma.
Will there be a cost or do I need to purchase tickets?
No. At this time there is no fee to participate or tickets required for the COSS Convocation. There may be other fees for other ceremonies, check with those departments. This does not include the fees for your cap and gown or other items you may need.
Will there be a practice for the COSS Convocation?
No. Please arrive early to the ceremony to find your department and further instruction.
Please click here for invitation and special instructions.
Where can I purchase my cap and gown?
The Kennel Bookstore is one location that you can purchase these items. Please click here if you would like to visit their web page.
Does the College of Social Sciences/Criminology have a sash/stole for graduates to use during the ceremonies?
2018-2019 COSS will be selling a stole while supplies last.
- Form must be completed and taken to the Cashier’s Window in Joyal Administration
- Bring your receipt along with the form to Social Sciences Room 108.
- Supplies are limited and the Cashier’s office will not accept payment after our supplies are sold-out.
- Please call 559.278.3013 if you have any questions
Do you provide honor cords?
Yes, if the following conditions are met:
1) Student meets the criteria for academic honors (see link below)
2) Student registers to participate in the College of Social Sciences Convocation
3) Student attends the College of Social Sciences Convocation.
**CRIM students only, will be contacted for Honor cord, prior to the ceremony.
Where can I find information on the Chicano/Latino Commencement Celebration?
Where can I find information about the University graduation Ceremony or other ceremonies?
*Please note, COSS Convocation is separate from the University graduation ceremony.