Alumni & Friends
Africana Advisory Council
- Advise the Chair on curricular and extra-curricular activities that promote the growth of the Program.
- Recommend major programmatic and policy initiatives that promote the heritage and accomplishments of peoples of African descent.
- Build cooperative bridges for mutual support and understanding between the community and the Africana Studies Program.
- Serve as liaisons between the Program, other faculty/staff at Fresno State and other educational institutions in the local community.
- Sponsor events to support our students’ academic and professional endeavors.
- Mr. Charles Francis (Fresno City College Training Institute)
- Mr. Corwin Harper (Administrator, Kaiser Permanente-Fresno)
- Mr. Rutherford Gaston (Retired School Principal, Fresno Unified School District)
- Dr. Rosylin A. Bessard (District Coordinator, Alternative Education Programs, Fresno Unified School District)
- Mr. Sam Norman (Rios Company)
- Dr. Ned Doffoney (President, Fresno City College)
- Dr. Willie Brown, Jr. (Medical Practitioner)
- Dr. Darryl Stampps (The Ramsey Group)
- Mrs. Veda Ramsey (The Ramsey Group)
- Dr. Dympna Ugwu-Oju (State Center Community College District)
- Mr. Larry Hodges, Assistant Vice President, Merrill Lynch)
- Dr. Malik Simba (History Department, Fresno State)
- Dr. Jane Middleton (Chair, Social Work Education Department, Fresno State)
- Prof. Thomas Ellis (Theater Arts Department, Fresno State)
- Ms. Maxine McDonald (Academic Enhancement Services, Fresno