Mission and Vision
California State University, Fresno powers the New California through learning, scholarship, and engagement. The University faculty, staff, and administrators work together to:
- Make student success our first priority;
- Embrace a culture of diversity, internationalization, and inclusion;
- Advance our established distinction in liberal arts and sciences, professional programs, and community engagement;
- Produce transformative scholarly research and creative works that target regional issues with global significance;
- Exemplify the ethical stewardship of capital and human resources; and,
- Develop institutional, community, and intellectual leaders.
California State University, Fresno will become nationally recognized for education that transforms students and improves the quality of life in the region and beyond; for leadership that drives economic, infrastructure, and human development; and for institutional responsiveness that fosters creativity, generates opportunity for all, and thrives on change. Drawing from the rich human diversity of experiences, values, world views, and cultures that make up the fabric of the Central Valley, we will power the New California through the 21st century.