DISCOVERe – Fresno State Tablet Program
President Joseph I. Castro formally launched Fresno State’s Tablet Program. Faculty members from across the University agreed to redesign courses to leverage tablets. The goal of the Tablet Program is to facilitate student success both in content mastery and technology skill-set building.
Faculty Training & Support
The Technology Innovations for Learning & Teaching (TILT) team will be the primary facilitator of faculty support and training for Fresno State’s Tablet Program. TILT will partner with the Apple Development Team, existing faculty experts, Technology Services, and the Henry Madden Library to provide training and on-going support for faculty involved in the Tablet Program. The goal of this support is to help faculty realize their vision for their redesigned course using tablets.
Faculty Learning Community
The goals of the Faculty Learning Community include the following:
- Discuss the pedagogical implications of tablets in higher education.
- Become proficient with the iPad Air and the core apps.
- Begin the course redesign process.
- Determine core apps for in-class use.
Summer Tablet Program Institute
Faculty will participate in a one-week intensive institute. The goals for faculty during the Summer Institute include:
- Use tablets in an actual classroom environment.
- Develop expertise using the apps they will actual use in the classroom.
- Continue the course redesign process.
The Support Team
As with other course redesign efforts at Fresno State, faculty will have access to many resources to support their redesign. These resources include:
- Instructional Designers
- Technical Support from TILT and Technology Services
- Multimedia Creation (including captioning of video content)
- Faculty Experts
- External resources as needed.