Message to student residents: Student Housing and Dining Services
Posted on March 11, 2020
We want to reassure you that Student Housing and Dining Services as well as other campus offices will continue to remain open in the event campus leadership has to consider temporary reduction or alteration of classroom instruction through non-face-to- face methods. We continue to follow guidance from the Fresno County Department of Public Health (FCDPH), and as of this morning (March 11, 2020), there is no immediate threat to the general public, and the FCDPH is not recommending cancellation of events or closure of schools or buildings at this time.
A few reminders that Student Housing would like to provide our residents:
- Our staff is regularly wiping down all common services within our buildings with disinfectant. This includes commonly touched items such as door handles, railings, mailboxes, bathrooms, etc. If you have a concern about any area, please call the Housing Office at559.278.2677.
- As a community, we are asking that you take the following precautions: wash your hands regularly with soap and water for 20 seconds each time, sneeze and cough into your sleeve or tissue and use the wipes at the front desks to sanitize your phones, computers androoms.
If you are not feeling well, please do the following:
- Socially distance yourself fromothers.
- Contact the Student Health Center at 559.278.2734. We ask that you call in advance so the staff will be able to provide you guidance as to nextsteps.
- The Dining Hall will provide to-go trays for any student who is not feeling well. Please have someone bring your student ID to the dining hall, and the staff will provide them with a meal to bring back toyou.
We also encourage you to inform our Housing staff that you are not feeling well. Please know that you can reach out (559.278.2677) to our staff at any time if you need assistance.
Sincerely, Erin Boele
Director of Housing