Task Force is working on Fall 2021 campus repopulation
Feb. 12, 2021
Dear Fresno State Community,
We are underway in our planning for the fall 2021 semester, as we look forward to delivering a majority of classes in-person in accordance with guidelines from the CSU and state and local public health agencies.
Our Fall 2021 Planning Task Force has been meeting to begin working through the many details that must be considered in order to ensure that we are able to bring students, faculty, staff and guests safely back to campus. Three workgroups have been formed to provide operational recommendations that would support the following areas:
- Student Support, led by Dr. Carolyn Coon, interim vice president for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management, and Elizabeth Rocha Zuñiga, ASI president;
- Workforce Support, led by Marylou Mendoza-Miller, associate vice president for Human Resources, and Marsha Baum, associate vice president for Faculty Affairs;
- Facilities and in-person activities, led by Tinnah Medina, associate vice president for Facilities Management, and Dr. Denise Seabert, dean of the College of Health and Human Services.
Committee members in addition to the workgroup leaders are:
- Xuanning Fu, interim provost and vice president for Academic Affairs (Co-Chair)
- Debbie Adishian-Astone, vice president for Administration and Chief Financial Officer (Co-Chair)
- Bryan Berrett, director, Center for Faculty Excellence
- Melissa Gibson, professor, Department of Theatre and Dance
- Ray Hall, professor, Department of Physics, and vice chair, Academic Senate
- Tom Holyoke, professor, Department of Political Science, and chair, Academic Senate
- Orlando Leon, vice president and Chief Information Officer
- Jim Marshall, dean, Division of Research and Graduate Studies
- Chris Meyer, dean, College of Science and Mathematics
- Ram Nunna, dean, Lyles College of Engineering
- Randy Perry, professor, Department of Animal Sciences and Agricultural Education
- Georgianna Negron-Long, chair, Joint Labor Council
- Terry Tumey, director of Athletics
- Shirley Armbruster, interim director, University Communications
- Randy Yerrick, dean, Kremen School of Education and Human Development
Information will be forthcoming to our campus community on a regular basis.
If you have any questions or ideas to share with the committee or workgroups, please contact Kris Westcott, Office of the Vice President for Administration and Finance, at email@example.com.
Saúl Jiménez-Sandoval, Ph.D.