Spring 2021 Planning Task Force
As the University determines the best path forward for Spring 2021, our decisions are guided by the safety and welfare of our campus community and our goal of providing a quality educational experience for our students. We are committed to a thoughtful approach that is inclusive of the broader campus community, including students, faculty and staff.
The Spring 2021 Planning Task Force, co-chaired by Provost Saúl Jiménez-Sandoval and Vice President Debbie Adishian-Astone, has been charged with developing a plan for the spring semester based on public-health realities and projections in our region, in consultation with the Fresno County Department of Public Health, and following local, state and federal guidelines to protect the health and well-being of the entire campus community.
- Ensure that our campus and facilities provide a safe and healthy environment for our students, faculty and staff.
- Uphold Fresno State's mission, values and signature standards of excellence by providing outstanding educational experiences and steady academic progression for students.
- Act consistently with our Principles of Community.
- Continue serving as responsible stewards of public and private funding.
Spring 2021 Task Force Members
- Saúl Jiménez-Sandoval, Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs (Co-Chair)
- Debbie Adishian-Astone, Vice President for Administration and Chief Financial Officer (Co-Chair)
- Bryan Berrett, Director, Center for Faculty Excellence
- Carolyn Coon, Acting Vice President for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management
- Xuanning Fu, Interim Vice Provost
- Melissa Gibson, Professor, Department of Theatre and Dance
- Hisham Qutob, Interim ASI President
- Ray Hall, Physics, Vice President, Academic Senate
- Tom Holyoke, Political Science, Chair, Academic Senate
- Orlando Leon, Vice President and Chief Information Officer
- Jim Marshall, Dean, Division of Research and Graduate Studies
- Tinnah Medina, Associate Vice President for Facilities Management
- Chris Meyer, Dean, College of Science and Mathematics
- Ram Nunna, Dean, Lyles College of Engineering
- Randy Perry, Professor, Jordan College of Agricultural Sciences and Technology
- Larry Salinas, Executive Director of Governmental Relations
- Denise Seabert, Dean, College of Health and Human Services
- Shirley Staton, Chair, Joint Labor Council
- Terry Tumey, Director of Athletics
- Patti Waid, Director, University Communications
- Randy Yerrick, Dean, Kremen School of Education and Human Development